جمعه ۸ اردیبهشت ۱۳۹۶ تهران ۲۰:۵۰
HUMAN RIGHTS: Tehran Judiciary Continues Investigating Slain Journalist’s Death in Custody, Chief Says
Two weeks after a Tehran court acquitted the only defendant in the Canadian-Iranian journalist Zahra Kazemi’s death in custody, Tehran judiciary chief Ayatollah Abbasali Alizadeh said on Monday that he was pleased with the results of continued investigation into the case, but added that the circumstances of the fatal blow to Kazemi’s head continues to be a mystery. “It appears that the blow was not intentional,” he told reporters on Monday during Tehran judiciary’s weekly open-house. Zahra Kazemi died on in July 2003 of brain hemorrhage as a result of a blow to her head during interrogation at the Evin prison, where she had been taken for photographing prisoners’ families gathered outside.