سه شنبه ۴ آبان ۱۳۹۵ تهران ۰۱:۵۳ - ۲۵ اکتبر ۲۰۱۶
Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman, Hamid-Reza Asefi told reporters on Sunday that Iran has not received any request from the International Atomic Energy Agency for any inspection of Parchin installation. He said Iran is ready to cooperate with the IAEA for inspection of Parchin and Lavizan installations within the boundaries of its commitments and agreements. However, with regards to Iran’s agreement with Europe, he said Europe has given Iran some unofficial undertakings and emphasised that if Europe does not deliver its promises, Iran, in turn would not feel compelled to abide by its commitments.
Earlier, Hashemi-Rafsanjani the head of the Islamic Republic’s council of expediency recommended to the council that the suspension of uranium enrichment should be limited to six month. Asefi refused to comment on his remarks when asked by reporters, but said the suspension period should be shorter rather than longer.
On the issue of negotiations with Europe he said the new round of talks will start next week. It is based on the agreements which are made so far and Iran is preparing its working groups.
In a report on Asefi’s comments, AFP, the French news agency, concludes, in a report, that Iran has no obligation to open up all its installations to IAEA inspections. Iran will act within the requirements of the Non Proliferation Treaty the report said.
According to this treaty the IAEA can only inspect nuclear installations which their activities are declared. The report quotes Mohammed El Baradei the head of the IAEA when he said the agency can not demand inspection of undeclared sites on the basis of mere suspicion. The inspection could only take place if there are enough documents and clear information about them.